Students will comply with grooming standards whenever they are on duty, or in uniform, or while operating equipment.
Hair will be in accordance with the following criteria:
- Neat, clean, trimmed and present a groomed appearance.
- Hair does not extend below the bottom of the uniform shirt collar when the employee is standing erect as to interfere with safety equipment.
- Students are not to preclude the proper wearing and performance of the approved safety helmet or the proper sealing of the face mask of the self-contained breathing apparatus.
Optional earring may only be worn but must conform to the following standards:
- Metallic only – no stones, gems or non-metallic materials.
- Color of earrings shall match the badge and button trim of the uniform (i.e. Gold – Chief Officers, Silver – Non-Chief Officers) and shall have a smooth, plain finish.
- Earrings shall be worn in matching pairs, one per ear and worn in the ear lobe only.